Whenever the pasta craving hits, more often than not I go for either a tomato-based sauce or something cheesy and it always hits the spot. There are so many possibilities to create cheesy sauces, but this potato & carrot based one is my favorite. It’s oil-free and healthy, yet so unbelievably creamy and absolutely satisfying. You can use whatever veggies you like, but I recommend broccoli as it goes really well with it. I also love to have some fresh baby spinach or mixed greens on the side.
The best part is that this sauce is very versatile and the ingredients can be easily adjusted to your own liking. You can just use whatever you have on hand and/or prefer. Check the notes for possible substitutions.
Give this sauce a try and let me know in the comments how you like it. Also, tag me on Instagram with @plantyjourney & #plantyjourney, so I can see your creations 🙂
Creamy Cheesy Linguine with Broccoli
- 2 large potatoes (~1 1/2 cups), peeled & diced
- 2 small carrots (~1/2 cup), peeled & diced
- ~3/4 cup vegetable broth (amount depends on desired consistency)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds/cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp tahini
- salt & pepper
- chili flakes (optional)
- turmeric (optional)
- Linguine or pasta of choice
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cook potatoes and carrots until tender.
- Add cooked veggies and remaining ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust the taste & texture to your liking by adding more broth and/or spices.
- Transfer sauce back into a pan and mix with pasta. Serve with some greens.
– You can omit the cashews/hemp seeds, if you like, but I do recommend them as they add more creaminess & texture to the sauce. You can also use both – I sometimes mix hemp seeds & cashews ^^
– You can easily swap out ingredients to create variations and use, e.g., sweet potato instead of carrots or cauliflower instead of potatoes. All vegetables mentioned create equally creamy & delicious sauces 🙂
– Turmeric just adds a bit of color, but I also like to use it because of its health benefits.
FEEL FREE TO PIN & SHARE: