French toast is another breakfast classic and favorite of mine. It’s kinda like a pancake, yet it isn’t – and so very delicious in its own way. I have to admit, though, I’ve never actually tried the “real thing” and only know the vegan version, but I was hooked from the start. It won my breakfast-food-loving heart over in no time and I’ve been having it on a regular basis ever since.
I prefer to prepare mine in the oven as it doesn’t require me standing next to the stove while waiting for each one to be done. Yep, I’m all about convenience ;-P
But, of course, feel free to cook them on medium heat in a pan if you like ^^
Give this a try and let me know down below how you liked it. Also feel free to tag me on Instagram with @plantyjourney & #plantyjourney 🙂
Vegan French Toast
- 4-6 slices of bread
- 1 cup (240ml) soy milk (other milk alternatives work as well)
- 1/4 cup (25g) chickpea flour
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt (I like to use kala namak – for a slight “eggy” flavor)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Whisk or blend all the ingredients for the batter together.
- Soak bread slices in the mixture (both sides) and transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20 min., flip and bake another 5-10min.
- Serve with fresh fruit and maple syrup.
FEEL FREE TO PIN & SHARE: